Tuesday 29 May 2012

Sue and Sami-pair journal update

Just a quick update on our pair journal.

 Sue had added doilies to this page. I wanted to try and bring out the detail of them so used watercolour paint which didn't really work, then went over them with oil pastels. I hand drew the dream-catcher and have left space for Sue to add to it if she wants.

 This page is a mix of brown wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, spray ink, acrylic ink and texture paste.

 Water colours and stencils and plenty of space for adding stuff.

 Sue had done the text background and the border on this page. I have added circles of texture paste and drizzled acrylic ink down the page.

 I loved the 'holey' pages that Sue created and to me it looked like a tunnel leading into a dark magical place!  I added the trees to the right hand side with inktense pencils. I wanted some sort of pop up images so I stamped some hares, birds and a mushroom on plastic with  black staz-on and left a little tab on each to attach to the back of the page.
On the left hand side I used a tree stencil and Dylusions inks, more texture paste through a leaf stencil and some acrylic paint. I have also started a bit of a story here which I am hoping Sue will add to!
It reads:
the harvest moon hung like a golden disc as she stumbled in circles, lost in the woods. She was afraid for she did not know what she would encounter...in the deep, dark woods.

Ready when you are to swap again Sue!
Sami x

7 comments:

  1. I like the goldfish bowl
    no
    I love the goldfish bowl,

    no

    i REALLY REALLY LOVE the goldfish bowl, the pages are really great - but did I mention I love the goldfish bowl?

    dxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, a real story in lovely pictures, love it.
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's fabulous loving the colours and the start of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great Sam.......looking forward to adding my touches to the pages. I'm about ready to swap too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic pages,I love the "holey"page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey, usually when I comment on stuff I say what my favourite pages are - but you're making it so hard to choose!! It all looks great! I do especially love the goldfish though I think :)

    ReplyDelete