Sunday 27 January 2013

Pam's desert Island discs

I have to start by saying that I struggled with this. Partly because I don't normally use fabrics, but mainly because I don't have much fabric. Luckily my granddaughter uses fabric in some of her art, so I managed to borrow some scraps (apparently the technical term is off-cuts). She even let me use her machine to sew the background to the base -  scary!

There's some fantastic songs on Pam's list, and it was a hard choice, but eventually I went for "El Tango De Roxanne" which is familiar and unknown at the same time. Plus, I'm a sucker for a tango :)


7 comments:

  1. Looks good Nigel. I never thought of stamping on the ribbon now. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you may have struggled but I'd say you won the fight! fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Nigel - looking at this I'd never have known you struggled, it's perfect for the song - which I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's fabulous Nigel - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful and does not look like you struggled at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job Nigel - mine is a fabric journal too - you wanted to know that didn't you! xx

    ReplyDelete