Tuesday 1 January 2013

Pam's Fabric CJ.

Happy New Year Collabor-Artists. I'm looking forward to seeing what we do creatively this year. I have completed my entry for Pam's CJ. This was a fabric one which had me fighting the urge to add paper to it and eventually I got my idea after watching the movie "The Girl" about Tippi Hendren and Alfred Hitchcock. The title of the song I used was " Not Ready To Make Nice" by The Dixie Chicks. I really liked the song and was originally going for a vintage 50s woman scorned theme and then I saw the movie. I was struck by how the title really applied to both Tippi and Hitchcock. Tippi as she refused to play the submissive starlet and stood her ground and Hitchcock with five days of filming and live birds. I have to admit to have a thing about the Dixie Chicks after both Sarah's and Pam's discs had their songs on them. I had never really listened to their music before so the CJ has had an extra bonus in introducing me to new music.


I coated the canvas with gesso first to give me an even base and then some texture paste. I then stitched various ribbons in green tones to give a bit of texture and movement to the background. I stamped the bird images in black Stazon onto tissue paper and then modpodged them onto the canvas. I coloured the sky with Weathered Wood Distress stain. The picture is printed onto Claudine's canvas to keep the fabric theme. The ribbon on the bottom was a requirement of the CJ instructions and I liked how it framed the picture. I used my Dymo to print the title. I am really pleased with my finished entry now and hopefully Pam will like it to. I posted this on Monday but it had missed the collection as it was early for Hogmanay and being Scotland we have an extra day to recover so it will be Thursday before this heads away to Nigel.

5 comments:

  1. Sonja I love this! The Birds is an amazing movie (I did a CJ entry based on the same film myself last year - great minds think alike and all that :) )

    I really like the top half with the decoupaged tissue, great texture, and that strip of red ribbon does punctuate the composition perfectly

    Fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page this is. The ribbon requirement sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page, and looking forward to this one getting here for a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love it :) I'm a Hitchcock fan- despite his abhorrent treatment of Tippi - I wouldn't have thought of putting these two things together= brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete