Monday 28 January 2013

Purely collaged postcards

Sorry If the recipients have not received these yet, but I had to post today as I knew I wouldn't have time the rest of the week. I am hoping that people got them today as they were posted on Thursday.

Here are the beautiful backgrounds I received from Carmen

I especially love the fungi on this one!

 And the braille paper on this one.

And here is what I did to them


I found this hard, it took me so far out of my comfort zone I didn't think I'd get back again! I don't use a lot of collage and have never done purely collage before. I so wanted to just give it a spritz with a bit of spray ink or doodle something with a paint pen, they just didn't feel finished to me! I also didn't know if I was 'doing it right' but having now seen everyone else's I have a much idea of what it's all about and don't feel I was too far off the mark!
Sami

7 comments:

  1. Sami - your card arrived today and you were absolutely bang on with your interpretation - I adore the one I've received- my first collaged postcard, pride of place on my desk at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Semi. Am sat here with huge grin on my face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaargh. Semi - Sami. Autocorrect will make my head explode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been called worse Carmen! Your backgrounds were fab to work with, thank you x

      Delete
  4. Fabulous backgrounds and equally fabulous finished product - wow! And there you were saying it was too far out of your "city fort" zone and you would never do collage again - seems you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that Sarah! I was up till gone 1am, 6 hours spent in total trying to do them!!! x

      Delete
    2. and they are absolutely worth the effort :)

      Delete