Sunday 7 April 2013

DID Virginia's CJ Wanted Dead or Alive


This is my entry for Virginia's Desert Island Disc CJ . She had mount board squares for each entry to complete and then her song list. I chose Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive as I really like that song . Her songlist was very good even my DH commented on it when I had it in  the car.

My inspiration for this entry was the fact that the movie Young Guns was inspired by this song. It and the sequel were some of my favourite movies in the late 80s and early 90s. When John Bon Jovi was told the song had inspired the first movie he offered to write the title song for the sequel and it then expanded to the whole soundtrack. 


I prepared the background with Distress Stains and Neocolor II crayons. I then stamped the road and the grass with various stamps (a Glitz Roller one and a magazine freebie one) for a bit of texture and movement. The corrugated paper was coated with more Neocolors and the lolly stick for the sign was coloured with Distress Ink. The title was stamped with a Studio Calico alpha set and the sign is an EK Success punch.
The tree is an Inkadinkadoo stamp with charcoal embossing powder. The image is Emilio Estevez from Young Guns.


I made some additions to the other entries.

First up was Virginia's entry Roxette The Look. I clear embossed the image using a chevron mask.


 I also outlined the title with my Sharpie paint pen.


I coated Pam's entry which was Pink's Glitter in the Air with Studio Calico Mr Huey's in Blizzard and Gold. The image doesn't do it justice but it really shimmers.


Sarah had done Creed's One More Breath and I added the Unity Brave Girl bird stamp and embossed them with charcoal.


Finally I added some 7 Gypsies stamps with a flourish and some words to Donna's entry which was Santana's Smooth.


I'm really enjoying this CJ. See you next month with Pat's CJ. TFL.x

4 comments:

  1. Oh fantastic entry into my CJ and I love all the additions - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really really cool additions and anything with Emilio on woudl win my vote...dreamy sighs... dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realised his song inspired the film!

    Love your entry and also what you've done to the others. That chevron over the face is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came sooooo close to choosing this song when it was my turn with Virginia's CJ - in a way I am glad I didn't pick it now as I don't think I could have bettered your fab entry. Love all your tweaks on the previous pages too

    ReplyDelete