Friday 2 August 2013

Last DID Entry for Nigel.

This is my last entry for the Desert Island Discs circle journal and I'm going to miss it each month. The last song remaining for Nigel was Read Em and Weep by Meatloaf. The songs all have meaning for the individuals and I wanted this song to reflect the journaling Nigel supplied to go with the song.

I started by gessoing the pages and then using texture paste and a brick wall stencil. I colour washed it with Granite Dylusions spray. The title was cut using the Cameo with SU paper.


The entry itself was inspired by the line about the rooms all being empty so I found some room plans on the internet and some silhouettes of a man and woman. I embossed them with a Kasiercraft script stamp and then put them facing away from each other to reflect the song lyrics. I hope Nigel likes it.


As this was the last stop there wasn't a lot to add to any of the other entries but I was inspired to add my Tim Holtz dancing lion to the entry about Radio Luxembourg. Virginia had added a wooden crown saying God Save the Queen and when I saw it the lion was the perfect accompaniment.


Thank you all for the great work you have created on my CJ I love it. Till the next time.x Sonja.

3 comments:

  1. the lion wit crown is really bright idea - well, I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought I'd left a comment here already .... ? I love those silhouettes and the words that go with it. Very poignant....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even better in real life :)

    ReplyDelete